Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentinus






Cupid, Conversation hearts, Chocolates, Diamonds, Roses..........

Another meaningful Hallmark holiday bestowed upon us festive Americanas....
Why Not?  Why not have a day to remind the ones we love most with gifts and love letters...
Well on that note I think I would like to send a little love letter to thyself...

To some Diamonds are a girls best friend... To this girl her inner soulmate is who she counts as her better half so let me spoil myself with some delicious thoughts of love?

Its a sunny, brisk day here by the beach.  I woke with a smile on my face and in my heart after a nite of Salsa dancing... I took myself out on a date to some random salsa nite and allowed myself be lead by a handful of fun salsa dancers... All showing me different methods while I cracked up being twirled left and right... People I would probably never meet under other circumstances but in this case... fashion did not matter, the status of the venue and people in it made no difference... it was actually very liberating and felt so good knowing that I was doing something for ME. Needless to say I am hooked and will be shaking my hips to latin beats across many dance floors this year... It's going to be amazing when I can actually get down the way I envision myself doing it in my mind :)  Dancing is linked to one of the most important entities in my world.... Mi Musica...
Most who know me know that next to surfing, my Music and I have always been in a loyal, loving, and devoted marriage... Oh Yes... She is one of the very reasons that I moved to NYC... She is what used to keep me locked up in my bedroom as a young girl day dreaming...
She has moved me on many dance floors around the world... 
At times when driving (a great time for phone calls in LA) I can't break from my music to answer calls that come to me... In other words ladies and gentlemen... I am a SLAVE to my Music... 

SO with that said I think I will dedicate this Valentines day to my beloved MUSIC...
For she has never betrayed me, She has always been there for me, She is a constant source of Inspiration, She has been the connector to many of the most important people in my life, She has given me the most INCREDIBLE experiences to which I could NEVER explain here in words... She is a labyrinth of worlds that offers me limitless opportunities of AMAZINGNESS...  
There is a science to the way music effects people... I feel GIFTED to have her infect me as she does... I feel LOVED... What a perfect day to recognize that?

Appreciation floats around me... Colors are all I can see... 
Having quite days like today where I can go inside myself to flow with my thoughts, journey through my mind, and let go of the outside... I find myself in LOVE and so grateful for all that that I love and all that LOVES me...

My kisses have wings and they are finding their way to my beloveds as we speak... 

JOUR DE VALENTINES HEUREX... xxROXYxx
   XX     XX
XX   XX   XX
XX     x    XX
   X           X
      X       X
          X





No comments:

Post a Comment