Friday, August 15, 2008

COMMITMENT...





COMMITMENT by definition: the act of binding yourself intellectually or emotionally to a course of action...

This is a word that scares a lot of people especially a Gemini... Over the years this word and I have had an open relationship but always remained true to each other.. There have been many instances where my interests have led me to leap from one career path to another, one city to another, and even one country to another... through every leap, and every change I have never been disloyal to the commitment I have to MYSELF and to my journey in life...

When I was younger I was a track star, a true athlete with dreams and the actual ability to make it to the Olympics. There were times when I hated my training because it seemed so boring, day after day of the same thing. Then there were times when I could see myself on the Olympic podium excepting my metal and that vision would push me into 1st place over majority of the finish lines that I crossed. Growing into my teen years and things changing in my home life lead me to a new devotion and in many ways my first love... surfing... Thats when my visions changed and new commitments came along in my life. Ultimately those changes have lead me to where I am at now and to be surrounded by the amazing people in my life...

Watching the Olympics always stirs up emotions in me... No, not just because I remember the visions I had as a child athlete, but more than anything because I have SO MUCH RESPECT for the amount of DISCIPLINE and COMMITMENT that those athletes have dedicated to there lives to be where they are in that moment.

In the world we live in today, commitment is something that is easily passed up, misunderstood, or simply ignored... What a shame...

I consider myself a very COMMITTED person. COMMITTED to myself, to my family, my partner, my friends, my health, my career, and the well being of my future... I empower myself through my dedication to these commitments I have in my life... These commitments keep me exactly where I need to be inside myself and in the outside world... Its through my dedication that I have totally TRUST in my fate... NO EXCUSES and TOTAL COMMITMENT this is a mantra that I live by. It keeps things in great perspective and as well progressive my towards achieving my goals...

When I watch those athletes except their GOLD medals, it reminds me of how total commitment and dedication can award you with the dreams you have envisioned in your life... It makes me proud for them, knowing that everyday of their lives so far has been all about that very moment that is now HAPPENING in REALITY...

My commitment to my olympic future may have changed but the commitment to myself to be an accomplished person and achieve the visions that I have in my life, have only grown stronger since my days as an athlete...

Everyday I stay dedicated to myself, to the people I love, and to the ideas I have for my future...In some ways I feel I have already stood on that podium excepting my medals, in other ways I have a lot more to do before I receive them... at the end of the day the commitment I have to my journey assures me that I there is GOLD at the end of my rainbow and for now I will stay dedicated to it and enjoy the colors that exist along the way...

AN AWESOME QUOTE FROM THEODORE ROOSEVELT:

"IT IS NOT THE CRITIC WHO COUNTS: NOT THE MAN WHO POINTS OUT HOW STRONG THE MAN STUMBLES OR WHERE THE DOER OF DEEDS COULD HAVE DONE BETTER. THE CREDIT BELONGS TO THE MAN WHO IS ACTUALLY IN THE ARENA, WHOSE FACE IS MARRED BY DUST AND SWEAT AND BLOOD, WHO STRIVES VALIANTLY, WHO ERRS AND COMES UP SHORT AGAIN AND AGAIN, BECAUSE THERE IS NO EFFORT WITHOUT ERROR OR SHORTCOMING, BUT WHO KNOWS THE GREAT ENTHUSIASMS, THE GREAT DEVOTIONS, WHO SPENDS HIMSELF FOR A WORTHY CAUSE; WHO, AT BEST, KNOWS, IN THE END THE TRIUMPH OF HIGH ACHIEVEMENT, AND WHO, AT THE WORST, IF HE FAILS, AT LEAST HE FAILS WHILE DARING GREATLY, SO THAT HIS PLACE SHALL NEVER BE WITH THOSE COLD AND TIMID SOULS WHO KNEW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT".......................1910 SPEACH AT THE SORBONNE IN PARIS................


XOX R


No comments:

Post a Comment