Tuesday, August 12, 2008

SIMPLE THINGS...




it was SO nice to arrive to a cozy room in Baltimore... after a satisfying conversation with my BALI HIGH boy, I turned on the Olympics and took full advantage of my super comfortable bed for 4 hours.  Woke to a sunny, breezy, beautiful day by the water- AHHHHHH...

I had a mission to accomplish, fixing my nails and finding some cute T-shirts. I made it all happen in 2 hours :) I love new clothes (of course) but I am NOT a fan of shopping... I like to go in with a purpose, make it happen and GET OUT.  I did exactly that yesterday and with enough time to go enjoy some sushi with Merrick while overlooking the harbor and its serenity... The sushi MUST of had some MSG in that fake crab (had I of known fake crab would be in my roll I would have nixed it!) because I got extremely drowsy afterwards which is a sign of MSG consumption... Still I would not give in to it, I had to take advantage of the weather and the water at my feet.  I went up to my room, turned the Olympics on again (motivation) and put on my running clothes.  

As soon as I got outside with my IPOD in my ears and the warm breeze on my shoulders I felt AMAZING... I ran around the harbor, found a series of stairs and tackeled them enough times to push my heart rate like I do when I workout with my brothers. I ran back to the hotel with power and finished with a smile inside... I needed that more than I can even explain... To be outdoors and be active is a very important element to keeping the peace in me... Nature is the mother of my universe and I have to share some quality time with her on a steady basis in my life.  She provides me with so much love and reminds me that the little things that can bother us in life mean nothing... there are bigger elements to our existence that deserve our attention and in return will give us so much back... I had so much good energy in me after my run and the wind down was extremely relaxing as well... 

After a nice shower I watched Mens synchronized diving, got dressed for dinner and then watched Michael Phelps make history winning another gold metal! Also got to watch Mens gymnastic putting on some insane performances! I love the summer Olympics and all of the dedication that is exists within each athlete... That will be a separate blog soon to come...

Matty and I enjoyed a yummy dinner at the restaurant in the hotel... this time no fake crab, just fresh organic greens, salmon cooked right, and nice bottle of merlot... good times... simple things that make me a happy girl...

Driving to Philly tonight, D.C the day after,  and then a day off in Kentucky!! WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT I WOULD END UP IN KENTUCKY!!! Surely NOT ME but no complaints made here... traveling is always good for the soul and you never know what kind of beauty you will find in the places you would never think to look... 

Time is flying, Im having fun, and in full appreciation for everything... days off recharge my batteries and simply because I keep it simple and meaningful, bringing energy back to me so I can recycle it properly to keep things fresh and electric... 

Its amazing how full filling life can be when your glass is half full...

XOX R




No comments:

Post a Comment