Wednesday, August 20, 2008

<3 SALTY <3




Warm breeze, moist air, grey and stormy painted the skies over Miami on our day off yesterday...

our resort decor resembled a cruise ship out of the late 80's , fully equipped with pink wallpaper, hibiscus covered pink and green carpet, wicker furniture, and even pink shampoo and conditioner... which really sealed the deal for me because I remember using that as a kid... in the 80's... ;)

Still it was perfect because it was on the beach- YES the BEACH where my favorite element lives... the ocean... 

Thanks to Fay, whom was supposed to be a hurricane but gratefully remained only a tropical storm- we did not have picture perfect beach weather however when the ocean is 80 degrees and the air is warm WHO CARES JUST ENJOY IT WHILE YOU HAVE IT... and that is exactly what I did.

I took my time upon arriving to our resort.  I hit my 4 mile run (improving my pace by the day:) grabbed a salad and enjoyed it while watching SEX in THE CITY the movie for the first time- critics beware- I LOVED the movie! It made me laugh out loud numerous times, and at times even brought tears to the wells of my eyes... that qualifies as a GREAT flick in my book... and well worth the time spent watching it...

Around 7ish, the winds had calmed a bit and the sun had about another before she would set so it was time to get my suit on and get off land for a bit... 

What an AMAZING sensation the beach offers and ESPECIALLY after being away from it for 2 months! The salt in the air and sand on my feet was the best thing I have felt in a long time... it felt like HOME... There was a bit of torture as well.  There was a killer sand bar breaking right on shore with guys out getting barreled and having fun... Then there was me in my bikini salivating on the beach with no surfboard... Oh well. At least I was able to see some good waves go down while I played in the water... always make for a better beach setting when there is surf to be had!

I am so fortunate to have that element in my front yard and I am grateful for it everyday. Leaving NYC to live in LA meant only one thing... I would have to be close to the water again. I would rather drive to work everyday then live close to it and have to drive to the ocean.  That would be moving backwards in my life and there is NO such thing as that with me... It has always been a tug-o-war between my love and devotion for island living and my metropolitan charisma and culture... I gave up on that game when I realized that I am not going to have to pick which one will rule my word... they both make me -ME- therefore I will always have to manage having both equally in my life. WITH PLEASURE.  Living beach front in LA does not offer the same views, weather, or waves I had living in Hawaii nor does it offer the same hip, convenient, fashion forward, and diverse setting as New York City. But. When I am home running along the beach before the sun sets each night, looking out to the ocean and listening to the happy laughter of people, I think to myself... "ahhhhhh.... "this feels SO good"... it proves that regardless of what Im missing, something is right exactly where Im at. 

So to close my time spent in FL, I woke early to get my run in and then back to the beach for an hour to feel that salt and sand on me one more time before we head back inland for another 3.5 weeks... it was a GOD SENT day off that charged my batteries and put a HUGE smile in my heart... at the end of the day///YOU CAN TAKE THE GIRL FROM THE ISLAND BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE ISLAND OUT THE GIRL...

XOX R


No comments:

Post a Comment